As an artist, I believe that true meaning cannot be conveyed by the outer appearance of things, but must be recognized on a deeper level of awareness. Above all, I consider myself a colorist. Colors have a great emotional impact for me, and they are always my starting point. I believe art is timeless and evokes the spiritual, be it through signs, symbols, colors or forms. The non-objective forms and textures used appear in some mysterious way that is very personal. I deal with abstractions that hint at spirituality and lush colors that create shifting illusions. For me art represents the timelessness of the human spirit, a never-ending spiraling thread, winding through all ages and cultures, expressing love and passion through the use of color, texture and form.
I continue to explore the possibilities of line and luminous color while moving into a more three dimensionally considered space. Along with pushing the picture plane, my paintings create a visual dichotomy between structured (conscious) and instructed (unconscious) elements.
• June 2006 - Juried into Curtis Arts and Humanities 2006 Colorado Open. Also accepted in 2003, 2004, and 2005
• January 2006 - Solo Exhibit- Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
• Sept. 2005 - Solo Exhibit- Core New Art Space, Denver, CO
• Sept. 2005 - Juried into 25th Anniversary Show at Pirate, A Contemporary Art Oasis, Denver, CO
• June 2005 - Juried into "Quality" show at Space Gallery, 765 Santa Fe Drive, Denver
• June 2005 - Juried into Colorado Open Show at Lakewood Cultural Center, Lakewood, CO
• February 2005 - featured artist at the Auraria Library, Denver, CO
• December 2004 - Prize winner at the 2005 Colorado Art Open, Foothills Art Center, Golden, CO
• November 2004 - Best of Show, Emmanuel Gallery, Auraria Campus, Juror: McGrath & Braun
• April 2003- January 2005 Carol Mier Gallery Denver, CO